Rome College Foundation Scholarships
The mission of the Foundation is to promote and enhance the Rome community's higher educational opportunities. Among the Foundation's programs and services are a range of scholarships that provide financial assistance to students in diverse situations pursuing diverse goals.
Find Out If You Qualify
The awards and scholarships below are offered through Rome College Foundation. We encourage interested students to speak with their guidance counselors or financial aid officers to learn about these and other financial aid opportunities.
Contact Guidance Counselors at:
Rome College Foundation Application for High School Seniors
Download the RCF Scholarships and Application (pdf).
Current Scholarship Listing
Scholarships Available to High School Students Entering College
- Successful applicants will have earned an academic average of 85% or higher (unless otherwise noted)
- Please include a high school transcript with your application.
- Applications must be submitted to your high school guidance office by May 15, unless otherwise noted.
- Bernhard Family Scholarship
awarded to a Rome Free Academy senior (minimum 2.00 GPA or 70% academic average) who will attend college or trade school this fall and who has made a significant contribution to the Rome community through volunteer work or other service to the community. One-time award: $1,000
- Holly Chapter 178 OES Scholarship
awarded to two Rome Free Academy seniors who plan to pursue careers in nursing. One-time award: $1,000 per student.
- Charles R. Getty Scholarship
awarded to a Rome Free Academy or New York State School for the Deaf senior who plans to pursue a career in accounting. One-time award: $750
- James J. Gillette Scholarship
awarded to a Rome Free Academy or New York State School for the Deaf senior who plans to pursue a career in either the hospitality or business fields. One-time award: $1,000
- M. Carolyn Glesmann Scholarship
awarded to a Rome Free Academy or New York State School for the Deaf senior who will study physical sciences. One-time award: $500
- Julius J. Perillo Scholarship
awarded to a Rome Free Academy senior who plans to pursue a career in teaching, has made a sustained, positive impact in their community and has achieved academic success in high school (minimum 3.00 GPA or 80% academic average). One-time award: $2,000
- James Wood Scholarship
awarded to a Rome Free Academy senior who plans to pursue a career in the building trades. One-time award: $1,000
- Rick Platis Memorial Scholarship
awarded to a Rome Free Academy senior who is active in band/music, sports (school or recreational), and church, and will be attending a 4-year school (any major). One-time award: $1,000
Scholarships Available to Individuals Currently Attending College
- Successful applicants will exhibit strong academic performance.
- Please submit a college transcript with your application.
- Applications must be submitted to your college's financial aid office by June 1st, unless otherwise noted.
- Credit Bureau of Utica
$1,000 to a student majoring in a business or health-related discipline. (Please contact the Rome College Foundation office at the Rome Area Chamber of Commerce for Additional Qualifications.)
- Reverend Robert A. O'Meara Award
$1,500 to a member of the First Presbyterian Church (Rome) entering a human services field. Priority is given to students beyond traditional college age. Download and submit the Rev. Robert A. O'Meara Scholarship Application (pdf) by April 14.
- Rome College Foundation Scholarship
$1,000 to an individual who has completed at least one year at Mohawk Valley Community College, at SUNY Polytechnic Institute, Utica College, Hamilton College or Utica School of Commerce. (Please contact the Rome College Foundation office at the Rome Area Chamber of Commerce for Additional Qualifications.)
- Charles T. Beeching - Revere Copper Products, Inc. Family Award
$2,000 to the son or daughter of a Revere Copper Products employee.
Other Awards and Recognition
Application form not required—see your guidance counselor for details.
- Peter A. Fabrizio, Jr. Award
$500 to a third-grader at Rome Catholic School
- Student Achievement Recognition (STAR)
$400 each to six high school students nominated to write essays about their most influential educator.